Thursday, July 05, 2012
It’s summertime, and kids love playing outside in the sun! Helping kids to make their own bubble solution is a great hands-on activity that’s fun for everyone. Playing with the bubbles is so much more fun and rewarding for the children when they know they’ve made the mixture themselves. Here is a recipe to get you started:
Safety glasses or even sunglasses (to protect eyes)
Bucket or large bowl
Parent or adult to assist
1/3 cup Joy® or Dawn® dishwashing soap
1/2 gallon of water
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder (not baking soda)
1. Gently stir your bubble making ingredients together in a bucket or large container.
2. Carry your bubble solution to a grassy area outdoors.
3. Dip both of your hands in the bubble solution so that they are completely wet.
4. While submerged in bubble solution, bring your hands together so that your thumbs and index fingers are touching, as shown.
5. Slowly raise your hands out of the bubble solution. A sheet of bubble solution should form between your hands.
6. Gently blow your breathe between your hands.
7. Try using cookie cutters, kitchen utensils, etc. Anything can be used that has a hole in it.
8. Host a “Bubble Show” so kids can show off your bubble blowing techniques and inventions